Monday, June 30, 2008

Resting in Abstinence

My name is Charlie, and I'm a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I'm learning to rest and trust. I don't freak out when I haven't lost weight in a given day. I just keep going, one day at a time. I feel frustrated sometimes that it's not going as quickly as I want it to, but I'm also aware that my choices are not perfect, and that I'm living a little more generously. I have a glass of wine or two in the evening. I don't weigh and measure my portions. But I'm living this way. I don't have the temptations to throw it all away. I know that the decision to shoot for being different when I get to XXXXX is helping. It helps to have a goal, a destination.

And today I'm 202.2. That's the lowest I've been since March 25. And it's down 33.8 pounds from my all-time high of 236 a few years back. It's 13.6 pounds down from my most recent high of 215.8 on May 14. Good to be back in the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like numbers...I do get anxious if the number on scale doesn't go down....I just read on one of my OA lit. not to weight in for 6 months and I might try that.
Thanks for sharing Charlie
D.M.