Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day Thirty-Two

Hi, I'm Charlie, a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I totally slept through my OA meeting this morning. Woke up at 9, and it starts at 8:30. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep. Grateful for that. Tomorrow morning will come EARLY. I always get up at 5am on Sundays. And then tomorrow I have to fly up to my mom and dad's house for my grandpa's funeral on Monday. I'll have to fly and then drive for 3 hours. I'm gonna be pulling in there around 1am. Then the funeral's at noon on Monday.

God, give me the serenity...

My mom and dad are compulsive overeaters. I don't think I have ever been successful on my plan when I've been around them. I have to do it this time. For me.

3 comments:

Jackie C said...

You are headed into the hardest situation: not only the stress and grief of facing a loss, but toughest of all, family-of-origin issues ...it's where I have the least sobriety. But some things that have worked for me is making sure there is healthy food there for me to eat; get out of the house if you need to, the movies, a walk,the local library; offer to cook a meal;and limit the amount of time you will spend there; whatever works. But just remember to be gentle with yourself, if you slip, you can, and will, pick yourself up again tomorrow and begin again! Good luck!

Sabilon said...

How is it going, Charlie? What a good idea to start a blog and share your experiences! I have also just started one, today. But I am not counting the days anymore (not that I've been abstinent again for THAT long - I became abstinent after a long period of slipping and sliding about three months ago.) I make a point of only counting TODAY, but that is just for me. My blog address is www.recoveringcompulsiveovereater.blogspot.com . Would be nice if you paid me a blog visit. I wish you well and hope things have been going alright with funeral and all. I agree with the other comments, it is the hardest situation. But I can pick up even in 'easy' situations...

I agree, if you have slipped you can pick yourself up. Not only tomorrow but also NOW. I think it really helps to work the steps when one gets abstinent, at least that is my experience.

I wish you well. S. from London

Sabilon said...

Oh, by the way, I love your sense of humour, see picture... S.