Saturday, January 1, 2011

Grateful in 2011

Hi. My name is Charlie, and I'm a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I'm grateful today that I don't have to make myself crazy with resolutions and promises to God and myself, promises that I know I can't keep. For today I'm choosing to live like I lived yesterday and the day before that and the day before that one too. I'm taking it one day at a time, living the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous to the best of my ability.

It's a day like every other day, full of hope and recovery. A day of miracles. I'm so grateful.

3 comments:

The Binge Diary said...

Hi Charlie! How have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Miss your inspiring posts!

SAbrat said...

Charlie, so glad to see you so positive! Great that HP is working so well in your life. I can hear the difference from a year ago. What an amazing change! Isn't He awesome?

Well, know that you are not alone this year. I and Many others are here with you walking the steps. May 2011 be a great year for all of us. Together we can get better!!

Hugs... Cindy

Charlie O. Edinburgh said...

Thank you both!! Yes, I'm still here and feeling very alive and positive. I'm grateful for 4-1/2 months of abstinence. It makes all the difference in the world.

Love and peace to you in 2011! Glad you're doing this with me. :)