Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Diary of a Mad Overeater 3.0?

My name is Charlie, and I'm a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I'm blogging anonymously, and I like it because I can say whatever the hell I want! I just went back and read through the posts from the last six months. Sheesh. I can read denial, control, fear... in every line!

I surrender to you, God. I am at the end of my rope. I don't even know what I weigh right now, and I'm not worried about it. I will weigh again on Sunday morning and record it on Skinnyr.

Today is my fourth day of continuous abstinence on the HOW plan: three pre-planned meals a day. No sugar. No refined white flour.

Annie Dillard wrote, "How we live our days is, of course, how we live our lives." Wow. That is a challenging and powerful quote for me today. So For Today, I surrender. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (my weight, my history, my past successes and failures, my debts), the courage to change the things I can (the way I spend TODAY - both money and time, the food I put into my mouth today, the way I attack the jobs that are laid out in front of me) and the wisdom to know the difference.

I hope some of my old blogging friends will find me again. Dodi, are you out there? I am feeling pretty alone in this. I made this a private blog for too long. I'm gonna come looking for some of you.

2 comments:

SAbrat said...

Great to see you back online. Been wondering how you were. Hope that you have a great day today. I am learning to live life to the fullest... one day at a time! Thank HP for the day and allow Him to rule in all things!

Stay blessed.

Charlie O. Edinburgh said...

Thanks, Cindy! Great to see you again... and thanks for the encouragement!