Saturday, February 12, 2011

42R



















My name is Charlie, and I'm a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I have to be up in 5-1/2 hours, so I need to get to bed, but I just wanted to mention this. Tomorrow night I'm going to be singing at this jazz club downtown. It's a pretty big deal for me, and I'm excited. I also wanted to get something new to wear, because most of my dressy clothes are way too big for me now.

I bought a black suit jacket tonight. 42R. "Slim" cut.

It works if you work it. And that, my friends, is all I have to say.

3 comments:

Charlie O. Edinburgh said...

Did that sound smug and self-righteous? Re-reading it this morning, I fear it may. Well, that is certainly one of my character defects.

I meant it to be celebratory.

Anonymous said...

It did *not* sound smug and self-righteous!

It *does* work if you work it! You're an inspiration that displays the promises of the program, which is exactly what people need when they are first starting out.

I came for the vanity, and am staying for the sanity!!!

Sabilon said...

Hm, even if... I really have to let go of what I have done, how I come across etc. Can't control at all what other people think... But I want to make things right all the time...
No worries, you are just fine! You look great in that new jacket. What do you sing?