Monday, June 15, 2009

Checking In

Hey, my name is Charlie, and I'm a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I have so much to say. It's been so long since I last wrote here.

My family has moved across the country to live with my wife's parents. 8 of us in a very small house.

I'm unemployed and waiting for a job. Some look good, but it's all a waiting game, and I'm not a very patient person. I know God is in control, but the money in the bank never was a lot, and it's running out... slowly but surely.

In the move and the chaos, I've put back on a couple of pounds... Today I was 201.8. Still not BAD, but not really good. This morning I committed to getting really serious about my program for the next 30 days, to tighten things up, so to speak. No flour at all (not even the whole-grain breads I love so much) and NO ALCOHOL. On the greysheet plan, you're not supposed to have alcohol anyway, but I always let that one slide... I like beer and wine when I'm in social situations, and I've been in a lot of those lately.

So I'm back to three meals a day, NO SUGAR OF ANY KIND, NO BREAD or GRAINS, and NO ALCOHOL for thirty days. That means on July 15 I'll re-evaluate everything. But until then I need to be abstinent.

I've just been slipping and sliding way too much. It had been a pretty clean streak up to there, 100 days of slow, steady weight loss and abstinence. (Notice the order I put those two words in... Maybe that says something.) But I've been letting in small things. Beer. A chai latte now and then. First it was occasionally, just a grande. Then it quickly jumped up to venti and several times a week. So predictable.

Well, I'm back. God, help! I need to be abstinent today and always. I give it to you.

Oh, and could you get me a job so my family can have insurance and income again? Thanks.

1 comment:

Drew said...

I know how hard it can be to stop a habit. The sudden stop in using for drug addicts can lead to an increase in eating also. Weight can be tough.