Sunday, June 28, 2009

Relieved

I'm Charlie, a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I survived the night. I woke up this morning with that relieved feeling, like - "I didn't binge last night!" Almost surprised. But grateful, really grateful.

I'm in a hotel, listening to Sara Groves, drinking coffee and checking in. I think I see now that I have to have a time EVERY DAY where I focus on God and me and my abstinence. I always think I'll just be fine. I start treating this like a diet instead of like a Program that is going to save my life.

I led worship at a church last night as the guest worship leader. It was cool... And this morning I'm going to do it twice more. Then I'll be hooking up with my family and heading over to another worship leading gig at a camp.

God is taking care of me, even though it's not how I would have done it. Oh, God, help me to trust You. Oh God, please don't let us down.

So today I commit to three meals and no snacks. And my three meals will be moderate. And nothing but WHOLE grains. If I have any grains.

Here's to life!

1 comment:

Down in Sunny San Diego said...

What an uplifting post. Thank you for sharing your adventures.