Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day Fifteen

Hi, I'm Charlie, a compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!:

Too busy to talk much. I've very abstinent today. (You know, as opposed to just "barely abstinent.") But I'm also very busy and very stressed out. And very tired. And very concerned about my big concert Sunday morning. I have rehearsals all night tonight, rehearsal tomorrow night, rehearsal Saturday morning... all for a 75-minute concert on Sunday!

I think what's stressing me out most of all is that I haven't worked with an orchestra before. This will be new. And I want to do a good job. I probably will make some mistakes. I don't even know what those mistakes could be, and that is frustrating to me.

But eating over these stresses would only make me sorry, would only bring me shame and self-hatred. For today, I am going to focus on going to bed abstinent TONIGHT and let tomorrow (and Friday, Saturday and, especially, Sunday) take care of itself.

To God be the glory. Merry Christmas.

No comments: