Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Seven

Hi, I'm Charlie, a grateful recovering compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I had a fairly normal day today... I have to admit I'm battling some cravings and feeling kind of gross...I continue to think that dessert would make me feel better. My headache would go away, and I would be able to bliss out a little bit.

It's true. I would feel better. And then I would feel worse. And then I would binge more. The truth is, when I break abstinence, I break it more. I have a week, a whole week here. I don't want to blow it. I am tired and stressed, and I need to take care of myself. Maybe when I get home tonight I can care for myself a little bit. TV? A nice drink and to bed early?

I am not a big alcohol drinker, but at the party the other night we had some leftover wine and the host sent us home with it. It's a luxury, and I've enjoyed it. I've had two glasses of wine a night since Friday. Tonight will be my last one. I'm all out. :)

Speaking of vices, I am well aware of the dangers of smoking, but I have to confess a weakness for clove cigarettes. For the last decade, I have enjoyed a pack or two every year, spreading them out over the months one cigarette at a time. I am absolutely not addicted to them, and I absolutely hate regular cigarettes. I am not a big fan of cigars either, although I will smoke one like every two years, when a friend invites me to.

Anyway, I was stunned to hear that the US has outlawed clove cigarettes (and all other flavored cigarettes). I was mourning the fact that I'd never again smoke a clove. And then I discovered one unopened pack in my cabinet.

It's freezing here now, so I'm not apt to sit out on my back porch and smoke. And I wouldn't do it until after the kids were sleeping. So it's looking like the cloves will have to wait until spring. Do they expire? Google, here I come...

Just a little trivia for a Tuesday night. Thanks for your support and encouragement, everyone.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is so fantastic you made Day Seven! I didn't know that the U.S. banned the sale of clove cigarettes . . . I know in some states it is banned. There is a local cigar shop which sells them, still.

I hope you enjoyed the wine, have a wonderful, abstinent holidays, and January is right around the corner, so the end to the Holiday Eating Season is in sight.