Friday, March 19, 2010

My Sunny Self

Hi, I'm Charlie, a happy recovering compulsive overeater.

::Hi, Charlie!::

I'm just messing around... I realize my last few posts have been rather "dark." I am doing well, though. Look at that, I weighed in today (for the first time since February 19!) and I'm actually down a few. That's good news, right? I've put together some abstinence! That's good news!

I think I'll be grateful today.

My wife is a delightful woman who has put up with me for 16 years now. I am truly blessed to share my life with someone so patient, kind, strong and beautiful.

My kids are so awesome. How could a dad ask for more? Four smart, strong, funny, thoughtful, active, crazy kiddos!

After two years of uncertainty, I have a steady, solid, fulfilling job doing what I love.

I live in a house that I own for the first time in my life!

It's sunny, breezy and 68 degrees outside!

I'm recovering from compulsive overeating, one day at a time.

God made me. God loves me. God has a plan for me. God will help me.

It's a good day, and it's a good life. Thank You, God.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome!

I am so happy that you're seeing the effects of your effort. That's wonderful. And I love your "gratitude is an attitude" post. It reminds me that I have so much to be thankful about.

Jess said...

I wanted to add that I read on your Twitter that you're starting an eating support group in your church. That is such wonderful service, and I am sending positive thoughts (prayer, I guess) so that people will find it and fill the room with hope that there is something out there besides food addiction.

Jess said...

Long time, no see. How's life?